Registered Nurse PICC Team PRN
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
· Performs proper documentation for all procedures and assessments in the patient electronic medical record. Performs venous access related procedures within the scope of practice of the RN licensure. Functions appropriately in Code Blue and other clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions. Interprets and verifies physician orders, investigates questionable situations. Demonstrates continuous competency in the specific procedures related to venous access. Provides expert resourcing to staff nurses and other departments as consulted.
· Obtains patient assessment, evaluating diagnosis, previous medical history, existing infusion related complications, and ordered therapy as relates to current venous access consult. Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret data relative to patients’ age and infusion therapy and venous access needs as related to the appropriate access.
· Identifies individualized plan of care based on patients’ needs related to both infusion therapy and the venous access consult and intervenes appropriately. Evaluates patients’ developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with assessment.
· Evaluates the need for and provides patient teaching in all aspects of the venous access specialty.
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Reflects a working knowledge of Florida Hospital’s Policies and Procedures in daily activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Communicates with Department Supervisor, Clinical Specialist, or Educator as needed to enhance excellence in the delivery of patient care.
· Follows CDC guidelines for sterile technique and isolation, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
· Manages and intervenes appropriately for the patient with current venous access issues, including but not limited to: prioritization, appropriate venous access choice for age, therapy, and any current complication’s impact on the needs for IV therapy.
· Prioritizes work load and triages assignments to VAS Team as work load dictates to meet patient needs.
· Has thorough knowledge of Policies & Procedures and follows Florida Hospital’s Policies & Procedures and CDC guidelines for sterile technique and isolation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Peripheral Intravenous Access, PICC, Port Access Validation
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· ACLS, PALS, NRP as defined by unit competencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing
· Experience in a specialty area(s)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current licensure as a Registered Nurse / Nurse Practitioner in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
· VA-BC Certification