ICU RN FT Nights $10,000 Sign On Bonus Plus Relocation
Req #: 17008957
Location: DeLand, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital DeLand
Full-time / Days
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.
- Performing cardiovascular, neurological, and respiratory assessments.
- Providing care for the patient requiring cardiac monitoring.
- Providing nursing care for the patient requiring interventions for cardiac emergencies.
- Providing nursing care for the patient requiring temporary cardiac pacer support.
- Providing nursing care for the patient requiring respiratory interventions.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge regarding lab values and notifies physician appropriately.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge regarding ABG interpretation and notifies physician appropriately.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of hemodynamic drugs, invasive monitoring, invasion pressure monitoring as they relate to invasive and non-invasive pressure monitoring of patients in ICU.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of autotransfusion collection and return of blood products to patient.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of invasive and non-invasive temporary pacing.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of pulse oximetry monitoring application, setting, documentation and interventions / notification of physician.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of mechanical ventilation.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of procedures, set-up of appropriate equipment and maintenance of sterility in the emergency/elective insertion of all invasive lines and equipment.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of open chest cart, maintenance of sterility in the emergency set-up of equipment and appropriate assistance of physician as directed in open chest procedures.
What will you need?
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree
- Active Florida RN license required
- Active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Obtains/maintains ACLS certification after one (1) year experience in Critical Care nursing