Medical Social Worker Home Health Part Time Days
Part Time, Days
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Initiates patient contact and makes home visits
- Assesses social, emotional and financial factors of patient
- Assists the patient and caregiver to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations
- Locates and refers patient and family to appropriate community resources
- Addresses patient’s needs; i.e., adjustments due to illness or injury
- Develops Plan of Care to reflect individual patient needs.
- Notifies agency promptly with pertinent case information
- Provide accurate, complete documentation
- Maintains communication with primary nurse; i.e., patient needs/concerns
- Serves as resource person to nursing staff; i.e., available community assistance for patients
- Assists patients/caregivers with personal and environmental difficulties, which interfere with health
- Provides advocacy and liaison with individuals or agencies to facilitate interventions
- Participates in patient case conferences and discharge planning
- Meets agency’s expectations regarding productivity standards
- Provides in-service education as required
- Participates in staff meetings
- Promotes and maintains community interface with agencies and other professionals in service network
- Participates in public relations activities may serve as Liaison to Alzheimer Association
- Provides consultative services to Home Care Services Private Division regarding social service needs
What will you need?
- Master’s Degree required
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Valid Florida Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Graduate of an approved social work program
- One (1) year experience in community health (preferred)