Paramedic Emergency Department Full Time Nights
Req #: 17009570
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Job Category: Emergency Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community since it opened in 2012. Every detail of our 83-bed facility is purposefully designed to create an environment of healing for mind, body and spirit. Our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from outpatient services to our surgical suites and inpatient care. In 2013, we also opened a 50,000-square foot Health and Wellness Center that includes an indoor track, group exercise areas, and an aquatics center with a lap pool to help community members achieve optimal health. In August 2015, the hospital began construction on am expansion that will open in December of 2016, significantly increasing the number of inpatient beds, surgical suites, and emergency department rooms.
You will be responsible for:.
- Demonstrated clinical competence in relevant areas.
- Ability to float between assignments.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and document information accurately.
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to remain calm and focused during in stressful and/or emotionally charged situations.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to be highly detail oriented.
- Highly analytical and detailed oriented.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with a patient centric approach.
- Basic hands-on computer knowledge and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of Cerner is an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership and competency. Evidence of this includes, but is not limited to, effective communication skills, ability to deal well with people, ability to problem solve, ability to confront/resolve issues, ability to coach and motivate others, ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to work flexible hours, rotate call and weekends.
What you will need:
- Minimum of two years’ fulltime experience as a provider of pre-hospital care in an emergency setting (paramedic level).
- Graduate of accredited school offering certification as Paramedic
- Current Paramedic registration in the state.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification upon hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within 90 days of hire date
- 4 hours of Hip & Knee replacement surgery education required within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
- 2 hours Stroke education required within 6 months of hire date, then 1 hour annually