Registered Nurse Cardiac Stress PRN
Req #: 17009160
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has provided faith-based, whole person care to our community for more than 30 years. This means we build trust, create belonging and deliver hope, thereby extending the healing ministry of Christ, when caring for our patients
. Our 139-bed facility includes an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Institute, Primary Stroke Center, emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms, Bone & Joint Center, Simpson Breast Health Center and the area’s only Obstetrics Program, The Baby Place, offering family-centered maternity care. Other special services include, a Center for Wound Healing, CREATION® Health Wellness Center, CREATION® Health Spa, home health, imaging center, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
What You Are Responsible For:
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring; Identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based upon ACLS protocol.
- Able to perform head to toe assessments on all patients and reassessments as per policy.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medication/healthcare errors.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching s appropriate.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of cardiac stress tests: treadmill, chemical stress test, nuclear stress test, stress echocardiogram and tilt table.
- Communicate appropriately and clearly to, director, co-workers and physicians.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Treats all patients and families with respect and dignity.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the understanding of the exercise protocol to lessen fear.
- Educates patient and family about cardiac risk factors, how to promote a healthy heart.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Identifies and addresses psychological needs of patients and families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
What You Will Need:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Current ACLS and BCLS certifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Two or more years of experience in critical care/cardiac care
- Additional language (Preferred)