Coffee Shop Barista (Coffee Shop) FT/Day
Conveniently located in beautiful north Tampa, just a short drive from Tampa International Airport on Dale Mabry Highway is Florida Hospital Carrollwood. We are proud to offer our neighbors advanced, compassionate care in a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art environment.
Our campus features our main hospital, an educational auditorium, a 20,000-square-foot medical office building and another brand-new 54,000-square-foot medical office facility.
- Reports to work in a regular and timely fashion.
- Tenders all cash handling and credit card transactions, balances all transactions to daily deposits
- Replenishes daily back up bank to the per- determined amount
- Reports any discrepancies to manager or Director.
- Is able to create, propose and maintain a schedule for the hours of operation.
- Verifies coverage with Food Production Manager and or Director.
- Is capable of running a Point of Sales system with computer skills and knowledge of the system relative to the job responsibilities.
- Makes suggestions to trends in market to increase sales of food and beverage items.
- Helps in menu development for business growth.
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for providing fresh and quality brewed coffee and teas.
- Prepares specialized coffee drinks, such as espressos, cafe latte, cappuccinos, by brewing espresso and steamed milk.
- Prepares and serves iced beverages such as coffee, tea, smoothies and bottled or caned beverages.
- Inventories and orders food, beverage, paper, plastic supplies and monitors usage.
- Exhibits a friendly, caring attitude to patients and customers.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, and visitors.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Contributes to patient and/or customer satisfaction goals by providing quality Communicates with guests with a smile demonstrating confidence and encourages all customers to come back, by constantly exceeding guest expectations
- Creates enthusiasm by inviting guests to participate in the growth of knowledge about coffee and tea’s
- Maintains personal hygiene and neatness according to departmental standards.
Safety and Sanitation
- Wears name tag identification
- Performs proper handwashing techniques according to departmental standards.
- Utilizes gloves according to departmental standards.
- Uses hair restraints according to departmental standards.
- Utilizes clean aprons, towels, and bleach and sanitation buckets as needed.
- Wipes up spills after they occur in order to avoid accidents.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Adheres to all Food and Nutrition Services policy and procedures
- Maintains a level of cleanliness that meets Health Department standards and Infection Control policy and procedures
- Temperature monitoring on all food products.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work a flexible workweek.
- Ability and willingness to make decision based on customer service and financial outcomes
- High School diploma
- Barista Training
- Two (2) year coffee shop experience
- One (1) year supervisory experience (Preferred)
- ServSafe Certification within three months of hire