Personal Trainer I Part Time Day Shift
Req #: 17009606
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Fitness Center
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists members in reaching their personal health and fitness goals.
- Promotes Personal Training program by developing informational talks, newsletter articles and personal contact with members and potential members.
- Schedules appointments based on member requests.
- Develops individualized fitness program based on needs assessment conducted with client.
- Demonstrates equipment to be used in workout program with emphasis on proper technique and safety.
- Maintains record of Personal Training appointments and turns in all monies received for personal training along with a copy of appointments to the Assistant Director in charge of Accounting.
- Is responsible for assisting all fitness center staff in maintaining a positive image of the fitness center.
- Checks all equipment prior to use to assure proper working order.
- Tags any broken or unsafe equipment out of service and reports it to the Assistant Director responsible for Fitness Services.
- Follows all fitness center policies and procedures in the performance of duties.
- Assists all fitness center staff members in maintaining a clean and orderly facility for all members and guests.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Maintains CPR certification.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year experience as a Fitness Trainer.
- Needs to be experienced in fitness, interested in working with people and willing to learn.
- Fitness Trainer certification by a nationally recognized certification program (ACE, IDEA, AFFA, Cooper Clinic, etc.).
- CPR required.
- One-month orientation.