Registered Nurse OR Robotics Facilitator Full Time Days $10,000 Sign On Bonus
Work Hours and Shift:
Full Time Days
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
Responsible for daily oversight of the Robotics Surgery Program throughout Florida Hospital Tampa Hospital. Assumes the responsibility for the operations of the robotic surgery service lines to include GYN, Urology, Cardiac Thoracic and General Surgery. This position is responsible for daily Robotic surgery coordination/operations. Provides appropriate training and education for all robotic team members. Responsible for compliance with all local, state and federal codes, rules, statutes and regulations pertaining to the operation of The Robotic Surgery Program and Joint Commission Compliance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that patient care is provided with clinical competence in a courteous, professional manner consistent with hospital mission, vision, and values.
- Ensures that all applicable standards of care/practice are met and that hospital and departmental policies and procedures are complied with at all times.
- Ensures program goals meet hospital strategic goals.
- Promotes a positive image and maintains a helpful, professional attitude towards employees, patients, physicians, visitors and the community to enhance the image of FHT.
- Ensures staff and physicians are provided with professional development opportunities as needed to maintain and enhance skills needed for excellent clinical practice.
- Promotes Robotic program.
- Assists OR robotic teams in WC, CVOR and Main OR on robotic skills and team efficiency.
- Provides input regarding outcomes and program development.
- Develops positive working relationships with staff and other functional team members.
- Assists Managers of each OR area to prepare annual Robotics capital needs list.
- Reports information to OR Managers, AVP and Director (s) as appropriate.
- Monitors robotic supply costs to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Ensures appropriate staffing for robotic cases working with other surgical department managers to maximize cost effective operations.
- Identifies opportunities for decreasing costs.
- Collaborates with the OR Managers and AVP to ensure compliance with, state laws and Joint Commission standards.
- Seeks to improve turnover and on-time starts for all Robotics cases.
- Remains current in Robotic Surgery industry practices, regulatory updates and changes.
- Seeks out opportunities to network with other hospital Robotic programs as well as outside professional networking and development.
- Meets with robotic surgeons routinely in regards any operational issues.
- Participates in and serves as a role model/leader for excellence in robotic surgery.
- Develops formal program for on-boarding and training for Robotic
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing - BSN in Nursing or currently in school working towards BSN.
· 2 years experience in Robotic Surgery
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· CNOR certification
· Robotics certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Active RN license in the State of Florida