CT Tech PRN Variable
Req #: 17009064
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Variable 12 Hour Shifts
Florida Hospital Tampa
You will be responsible for:
- Resolves customer service issues in a timely, courteous and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing technical imaging procedures on all patient age groups and ability to teach the same.
- Provides imaging procedures to all patients, regardless of age, race or sex.
- Technologist is proficient on the use of their specific imaging equipment and the department's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all staff, patients, families and imaging services administration.
- Works with other modality staff to facilitate patient care across modalities.
- Works well with other departments (ED, OR, etc) to facilitate patient care.
- Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required meetings and staff development programs.
- Follows the proper HR policies to insure accurate badging in and out on time each shift.
- Efficient utilization of department supplies and resources.
- Recognizes and reports malfunctions in equipment, d/c use before a more costly repair is needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing technical imaging procedures safely according to UCH standards of care.
- Is familiar and complies with appropriate JCAHO standards and directives. Able to teach the same.
- Wears TLD badge daily.
- Reviews their quarterly radiation exposure report.
- Uses radiation restrictive devices on all examinations. Follows ALARA.
- Verifies patient identification and reconfirms ordered/requested exam for accuracy.
- Demonstrates evidence of continuous professional development.
- Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required and staff development programs.
What will you need?
- Ability to learn and use Radiology software packages such as RadNet, Radworks, Current PACS application, CT scanners, power injectors and work stations.
- Ability to quickly learn and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain responsibility for all UCH continuing and annual education.
- Must maintain all required registries and licenses to perform imaging procedures.
- Ability to follow Basic Radiation Safety concepts of time, distance and shielding to keep exposure levels ALARA for patients and staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Graduate from an accredited x-ray technology school with associate degree or certification and certificate of registry from the ARRT.
- Current Florida X-ray Technologist HRS license
- ARRT(R) registered
- Current BLS
- One year hospital experience (Preferred)
- Associate’s Degree (Preferred)