Food Service Assistant PRN (Per Request Needed)
Req #: 17009840
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Per Request Needed- Days
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Exhibits a friendly, caring attitude to patients when introducing the Catering to You program, taking menu selections, delivering trays, inquiring during catering rounds and retrieving trays.
- Takes patients menu selections prior to each meal.
- Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations.
- Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Assembles trays according to patients menu on tray tickets in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interacts with Nursing to ensure patients’ diet prescriptions are accurate, and patients food needs are met.
- Completes catering rounds after passing trays to inquire if patient needs anything else.
- Retrieves trays from patients’ rooms shortly after completing round.
- Maintains accurate and current information for each patient on assigned unit(s).
- Assists dietitian with monitoring of patients who are NPO, on liquid diets or have a calorie count ordered.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures.
- Wears name tag identification.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Contributes to patient satisfaction goals by providing quality service.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets.
- Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to department’s safety procedures.
- Follows facility and departmental safety policies and procedures to include incident reporting.
- Follows facility and departmental infection control policies and procedures.
- Follows the facility’s protocols for Hazardous Materials and Waste Program.
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in disaster drills, as appropriate.
- Adheres to Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills as appropriate.
- Responds to utility failures following department guidelines.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs, as appropriate.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, and visitors.
- Reads and complies with all policies and procedures of Morrison and Compass as appropriate.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
What will you need?
- High school education
- Up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience