CT Tech-PRN Day Shift
Req #: 17009834
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is consistent in obtaining high quality images using CT and contrast injection equipment.
- Transfers images to appropriate storage medium.
- Learns radiologist’s procedure protocol and preferences and meets these in a timely manner.
- Is able to gather all supplies and set up a sterile field as required for each image guided procedure that is performed in CT.
- Inspects and documents findings of protective wear according to policy.
- Monitors radiation safety for staff, physicians, patients and any observers involved in procedures performed in CT.
- Uses stock judiciously and in a cost-effective manner.
- Performs Crash Cart checks to ensure availability of stock and workability of Crash Cart components.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
What you will need:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) from an accredited School of Radiologic Technology, or equivalent program of instruction and at least six months to one year related experience and/or training in Computed Tomography (CT).
- Current certificate in C.P.R.
- Current license as a Radiology Technologist in the state of Texas.
- Must be in good standing with the ARRT (R), preferably with certification in (CT).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers. In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively review patient and related medical records, understand nurse and/or physician verbal and written instructions, read safety information, policies & procedures, and hazardous chemicals. Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.