Pharmacy Tech II Pharmacy Relief Varied Shifts
Req #: 17009611
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Pharmacy
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, performs all accountabilities associated with the compounding, dispensing, charging, and delivery of medications to the patients.
- Resolves Pyxis generated “stock out” bulletins and “medications not loaded” reports quickly.
- Compounds medications accurately as needed.
- Accurately fills and outdates all Pyxis machines as scheduled with the runs.
- Assesses par levels and notifies department leadership and buyer of need to increase these to resolve chronic stock out situations.
- Fills replenishment stock, delivers and loads all medication located in Pyxis Medstations and in the department.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Kansas Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration
- Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician