Office Assistant Billing Specialist Float Pool FT Days
Full Time Days. Monday-Friday.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- Has primary responsibility for answering the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner, following established policies and procedures
- Identifies her/himself and the practice
- Takes complete and accurate messages
- Properly triages telephone calls in accordance with policy
- If appropriate, transfers calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Delivers messages in a timely manner
- Schedules, cancels, reschedules, etc., appointments as requested
- Is responsible for check-in of patients
- Confirms, adds, deletes, or makes any changes patient’s insurance and/or personal information in IMPAC and Cerner to ensure accurate billing.
- Obtains patient signatures on required forms, i.e., MSPQ, Consent for Treatment, as appropriate
- Notifies clinical staff that patient has arrived for appointment
- Registers all patient encounters in Cerner and scans in insurance cards.
- Is responsible for check-out of patients:
- Determines the amount due from the patient (co-pay, deductible, percentage, etc.)
- Collects co-pays for treatment and procedures such as CT Scans, MRI’s, PET Scans, etc., enters payment amount into computer, and issues receipt to patient
- Schedules follow-up appointment and procedures and testing for existing patients (i.e.: High Dose Radiation (HDR,) I131, Simulations and Planning CT’s, Biopsies, PET Scans, CT Scans, Hospice Referrals, etc.).
- Ensures exiting patients feel confident that all of their questions and concerns have been or are in the process of being resolved.
What will you need?
- High school graduation or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience required, three years preferred, in a medical office or equivalent with medical terminology, coding, charge entry and payment collection.
- Technical knowledge is needed in the medical insurance billing fields through at least 1 year experience.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Small Office Equipment, i.e. copier, fax, proficiency required.