PFS Services Rep Collector PRN Day
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Review and resolve encounters assigned via CPA work list daily using tools such as DDE, SSI, Discern Notify, Payer Websites, etc.
- File an appeal on unwarranted denials of non-contracted carriers within 48 hours of notification when appropriate.
- Ensure eScan and other vendor worklist are worked in accordance with department guidelines.
- Review and respond to mail received within 48 hours from receipt.
- Maintain days in AR for all books of business according to the departments yearly goals. Ensuring the department maintains all outgoing bills meet billing guidelines according the various contracts.
- Ensuring when insurance is added to an encounter we have obtained the appropriate authorizations prior to submitting the bill to the payer when appropriate.
- Assure all claims are filed correctly and are in compliance with billing guidelines set forth by State, Federal and local statues. Know and enforce all Medicare rules and regulations through updates and bulletins. Review the Medicare web site on a monthly basis when appropriate.
- Contribute to a positive working environment by showing inter/intra departmental respect towards co-workers. Work with outside providers, patients, and intermediaries in a professional courteous manner to maintain excellent customer relations.
- File supplemental claims within 48 hours of the receipt of the primary payment or denial when appropriate.
- File the supplemental claim twice before making them patient responsibility when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong keyboard and 10 key skills
- A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior hospital or physician billing background (Preferred)
- Knowledge of billing rules and regulations (Preferred)
- Advanced degree in any field of study (Preferred)