Req #: 17009924
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Job Category: Laboratory
Organization: Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
You will be responsible for:
- Assists with orientation for new employees.
- Performs venipuncture, capillary punctures, and drug screens in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients/clients/ families served (infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
- Prints and charts appropriate reports for the inpatient charts, if necessary.
- Other duties as business needs arise.
What will you need?
- Capable of obtaining blood samples from infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers and their use.
- Handles multiple priorities.
- Independent discretion/decision making.
- Makes decisions under pressure.
- Works alone effectively.
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be BLS certified
- Valid FL Driver's License