Nurse Tech M/S Ortho PRN Day
Req #: 17009743
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Carrollwood
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Conveniently located in beautiful north Tampa, just a short drive from Tampa International Airport on Dale Mabry Highway is Florida Hospital Carrollwood.
We are proud to offer our neighbors advanced, compassionate care in a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art environment.
Our campus features our main hospital, an educational auditorium, a 20,000-sqaure-foot medical office building and another brand-new 54,000-square-foot medical office facility.
You will be responsible for:
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Performs tech checks to assist nursing with hourly rounding using the AIDET technique.
- Demonstrates culturally competent care into daily practice.
- Reflects ICBEST practices as a representative of Florida Hospital Tampa.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
- Communicates in a timely manner with the appropriate RN as needed.
- Will assist with paper process during and after computer down time.
- Assists with updates to patient white boards.
- Greets new patients and families in timely and courteous manner on arrival.
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in assisting with patient flow.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services and when ordering supplies and complies with decisions made for staffing adjustments (i.e. floating).
- The Nurse Technician supports the delivery of patient care in accordance with standards of care emphasizing basic hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living under the direction of the Registered Nurse to promote the achievement of identified patient outcomes. Reports changes of condition, potential problems or concerns involving the patient or family promptly to the nurse in timely manner (i.e. vital signs, intake/output).
- Documents accurately and timely all procedures and patient care tasks.
- Removes peripheral IV catheters, disposes of in accordance with hospital biohazardous waste policy, observes site and notifies nurse of condition. Documents in electronic medical record (EMR).
- Empties Foley bags, JP’s, and hemovacs. Documents care and intake/output in the (EMR).
- Specimen Collection as assigned by RN and following hospital policy for patient identification.
- Takes vital signs, accurate weights, and measures intake/output and documents accurately.
- Transports patients with necessary equipment to destinations within scheduled time frames, observing correct techniques.
- Assists in positioning, lifting, and ambulating patients, using appropriate safety precautions and body mechanics.
- Answers call lights in a timely manner.
- Distributes linen supplies.
- Assisting with meal set-up.
- Feeding patients within identified restrictions.
- Documents percent of meal intake including supplements.
- Notifies and documents communication to nurse if patient does not have adequate p.o. intake for meals or snacks, or if the patient is not following fluid restrictions in timely manner.
- Ensures restraints are applied properly according to FHT policy/procedure.
- Reports any patient behavioral changes to the nurse.
- Participates in frequent “tech checks” to decrease patient need to use call light system and increase patient safety.
- Responds immediately to patient bed alarms.
- Responds to call bells in a timely manner.
- Is proactive in meeting all patient needs.
- Adheres to specifics on isolation signage for patients Acts as preceptor for new unit staff members as assigned. Ensures safe and effective handoff communications between care givers.
What will you need:
- Knowledge of and ability to perform accuchecks and hemoccults.
- Knowledge of normal parameters for vital signs for age specific population
- Knowledge of and ability to obtain vital signs correctly
- Knowledge of and ability to remove peripheral IV catheters.
- Knowledge of and ability to empty foley bags, JP’s and hemovacs
- Working knowledge of and ability to use computer and perform data entry.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek including weekends, nights and overtime as required.
- Cerner (preferred)
- Phlebotomy skills and knowledge (preferred)
- High School education or equivalent
- Completion of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant education program or Must be currently enrolled in an accredited BSN program with completion of second semester of nursing program.
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license, validated by Florida Board of Nursing (unless currently enrolled in BSN program with completion of second semester).
- Phlebotomy certification at first session possible following orientation