Lead Phlebotomist Full Time Nights
Full Time Night
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Follows established procedures for patient and specimen identification.
- Appropriately performs basic and specialize phlebotomy techniques to obtain specimens; collects and handles specimens in manner consistent with specific test requirements.
- Receives specimens from outside clients, in house deliveries and pneumatic tube system; checks specimens against order for correctness; records receipt in LIS system; attaches laboratory labels and delivers specimens to appropriate laboratory area.
- Performs special phlebotomy techniques including but not limited to: Blood Culture, infant venipuncture, PKU, butterfly, syringe, heelstick and fingerstick collections.
- Observes and adheres to established infection control policies, including, but not limited to: the mandatory use of gloves and appropriate outerwear, hand washing techniques and other universal precautions.
- Identifies specimen, labeling and/or requisition problems that may adversely affect test performance and the correct reporting of test results prior to delivery of the specimen to the laboratory department; corrects problem or notifies appropriate technologist/supervisor if the problem cannot be resolved
- Able to operate and assist in maintaining hospital vehicles (including appropriate use of gas credit cards for fueling and car washes); provide personal vehicle for hospital use if needed (and receive mileage reimbursement); maintain safe driving record; uses appropriate sign out procedures for vehicles.
What will you need?
- High school graduate (or equivalent) required with one year phlebotomy experience.
- Graduate from an approved phlebotomy school.
- Must have good driving record and valid Florida driver’s license.
- Computer knowledge
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Good attendance record