Certified Nursing Assistant M/S Medical Unit Full-Time Day
Req #: 17009604
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Potential Referral Bonus: $
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Assists in the patient/family care using established techniques with the multidisciplinary team.
- Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
- Assists the patient with activities of daily living as ordered by the physician
- Distributes food trays to patients. Assists patient with tray preparation and feeding as required.
- Maintains the patient's environment in manner that promotes cleanliness, patient comfort and patient safety.
- Responds to patient call lights/bells, cares for the needs of the patient according to her/his skill level.
- Prepares the room to receive a new admission: zeros the bed scale, personal care items, linen, vital sign equipment, etc.
- Welcomes new admission, orients patient to room.
- Transfers patients from beds onto stretchers or beds or into wheelchairs with assistance of other patient care personnel when required.
- Ensures patient and personal safety by following proper lifting and patient transporting techniques.
- Provides patients with fresh water at established intervals
- Documents personal care, intake and output, vital signs and weights as outlined in policy.
- Maintains clinical competency.
- Attends mandatory hospital in-services and continuing education.
- Successful completion of annual skills fair.
- Performs patient care as delegated following hospital policies.
- Participates in the patient/family care, utilizing established techniques as part of the multidisciplinary team
- Incorporates principles of infection control, fire & safety, and biohazardous waste handling into daily routines.
- Maintains clinical competencies for patient population.
- Collects patient specimens (urine, stool, sputum), labels at bedside comparing two unique patient identifiers, and send to lab for analysis according to protocol and communicate to nurse.
- Promptly reports changes in patients’ status to the appropriate RN/LPN promptly.
- Recognizes emergency situations and acts appropriately.
- Maintains current clinical, technical and professional competencies.
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own professional standards.
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own actions by initiating the incident report mechanisms
- Attends a minimum of 75% of scheduled staff meetings annually.
- Attends mandatory hospital in-services annually.
- Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
- Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of healthcare and implements budgetary containment measures.
- Maintains equipment in its proper working condition; identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
- Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
- Assists in the organization and operations of the unit via guidelines, policy, and procedures.
- Performs ordered 12-lead electrocardiogram as directed by RN (ED only)
- Other duties as assigned
What will you need:
- Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
- Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
- Critical thinking / problem solving skills
- Teamwork, tact and conflict resolution
- Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Performs accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
- Basic computer skills
- Customer service skills
- Certificate of completion Nursing Assistant Program
- Medical terminology (Preferred)
- Previous CNA Experience (Preferred)
- Previous 12 lead EKG experience (Emergency Department only) (Preferred)
- Florida C.N.A. License
- BLS -condition of employment
- CPI within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department and Behavioral Health Unit)