Req #: 17007479
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Risk Management
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You will be responsible for:
1) RISK MANGEMENT
a) Reviews incident reports daily and investigates actual/potential, safety/liability issues.i) Coordinates investigation with appropriate director/managerii) Maintains confidential documentation on investigationiii) Documents follow-up and solutions appropriatelyiv) Assists with reporting claim information on potential liability cases to Corporate Riskb) Identifies incidents which meet the definition of a Code 15 or serious reportable incident.i) In conjunction with Director of Risk Management, files Code 15’s and Annual Report to AHCAc) Identifies Medical Device Incidents which need to be reported to FDA – reports as appropriated) Reports any incidents about sexual abuse immediately to Director of Risk Management and Administration.e) Reports as required by statute to AHCA.f) Analyzes monthly incident data for statistical trends; presents the information at appropriate hospital committee meetings.g) Coordinates or participates on trend improvement teamsh) Serves on appropriate safety committees and participatesi) Participates in monthly and annual staff educational programs concerning loss prevention as well as any other education programs/projects needed to promote safety.
2) LEGAL COMPLIANCE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
a) Must function within the bounds of HIPPA and other applicable State & Federal statutes.b) Has access to highly sensitive information; must maintain the strictest level of confidentiality.
a) Provides Orientation, mandatory education and in-services to Hospital staff as needed.b) Participates in; Quality/Performance Improvement activities/committees, in patient quality of care initiatives and the development of loss prevention strategies..c) Helps ensure a safe environment for guests and staff.d) Assists staff with investigating and addressing patient grievances or concerns so that matters are resolved in a timely manner acceptable to all parties, or in a manner acceptable under existing policy.e) Provides assistance to Patient Advocate on handling grievances that may have risk implications.
a) Guides and assists nursing /department managers in improving patient safety and finding appropriate corrective actions and innovative solutions to safety problems.b) Demonstrates the ability to complete an Incident Report and serves as a resource to all Hospital Staff for the completion and use of the on-line incident reporting system.c) Is part of the on-call 24/7 risk management service for all campuses.
a) Resolves claims as appropriate within settlement authority given.b) Works within the facility’s annual budget and with department managers, and staff to seek support for funding prior to introducing any new equipment or programs.
a) Investigates matters and concerns involving patients or visitor events for tracking and trending, corrective action, reporting status determination and in the event of potential claim, the analysis of liability and identification of problem areas (strategy planned and adequate defense presented in the event of litigation).b) Reports quarterly activities and outcomes to the Quality Improvement Committee (QIC) and Performance Improvement Executive Committee (PIEC).
a) Is available for problem-solving discussions with administrators, physicians, managers and staff at the other facilities as needed.b) Is forward-thinking and pro-active in the organization’s various programs and remains up-to-date on new concepts and equipment technology.
8) AHCA, TJC & OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
a) Helps as needed with AHCA surveysb) Compiles requested datac) Gathers requested reports, policies and proceduresd) Organizes presentation; assists surveyors as needed.e) Assists Director of Risk Management in coordinating with hospital departments and others to implement and administer TJC requirements, insuring Risk Management compliance.
9) EMERGENCY RESPONSE
a) Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or position is covered by incoming personnel.b) This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
10) Performs other related duties as assigned.Qualifications
What will you need?
- Extensive experience and demonstrated successes in the field of Health Care and Risk Management.
- Three (3) plus years along with risk or legal certification/license may substitute for registered nurse license.
- Skilled in the identification and prevention of potential areas of risk.
- Excellent organizational, planning, research, analytical and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to interact in a professional manner with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, patients’ families, visitors, and attorneys especially under stressful conditions.
- Knowledge and ability to work with personal computers, software and special applications, such as Cerner, RiskMaster, Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, etc).
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task by overseeing Risk Management duties. and working with our Patient Safety Organization (PSO) Liason to assist staff /facility/AHS with PSO compliance.
- Current Florida Driver’s License.
- Five (5) plus years as Hospital Risk Manger (Preferred).
- Bachelors Degree
- Three (3) year experience in hospital risk management and demonstrated successes in the field of Health Care.
- Will be able to perform at an acceptable level by 3 months.
- Bachelors Degree; Nursing preferred Juris Doctor Degree (Preferred)
- Clinical Leadership Position. Paralegal/Insurance experience helpful. (Preferred).
- Current Florida registered Nurse License OR Current Florida Healthcare Risk Mangers License