Registered Nurse Emergency Department PRN Days
Req #: 17010051
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
You will be responsible for:
- Assesses and diagnoses patient and family needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures, as necessary for the care of the patient.
- Evaluates the identified problems, care provided and patient’s responses are reassessed in order to meet patient and family needs to ensure overall quality of care delivered.
- Maintains up‑to‑date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, in order to ensure quality care.Maintains current knowledge, certification, and licensure. Pursues professional growth and development.Functions as a role model for current and new staff.
- Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the unit, as defined in the scope of service, to ensure that the unique nature of the client is addressed. This includes, but is not limited to, the age of the client served.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department’s/unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates leadership behaviors in a professional manner.
- Other duties as business needs arise.
What will you need?
- Demonstrated proficiency in acute-care nursing, knowledge, and skills.
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written).
- Two (2) years’ experience as RN in Emergency Department (required)
- Current RN License in State of Florida.
- ACLS (required).
- PALS or equivalent required within six (6) months of hire.
- TNCC (preferred).
- ENPC and CEN certification (preferred).