Monitor Tech PRN Night Shift
PRN Night Shift.
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education.
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial operates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Monitors cardiac telemetries from a centralized location.
- Recognizes rhythms/arrhythmias and communicates changes promptly to the primary care nurse and/or charge nurse.
- Recognizes lethal dysrhythmias quickly and correctly and alerts unit nurses without delay.
- Documents rhythm strips every 4 hours and with each change in rhythm.
- Enters patient data into cardiac monitoring system.
- Assures accurate location of patients within centralized monitoring system.
- Maintains responsibility for monitoring equipment.
- Assures telemetries are cleaned and returned to assigned location.
- Successfully completes annual arrhythmia competency.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient related information.
What will you need?
- Successful completion of arrhythmia testing.
- Demonstrates good use of the English language in the verbal and written form.
- Legible handwriting.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.