Radiology Tech Spira Care Olathe Primary Care Clinic FT PT Days
Req #: 17010066
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Full Time or Part Time Hours Available
Clinics will operate from 8:00AM - 7:30PM M-F and Saturday 8:00AM - 12:00PM (two days extended hours per clinic)
Spira Care Meets Shawnee Mission Health
Spira Care, a partnership between Shawnee Mission Health and a local health and wellness organization, has been designed to put patients first and to give care professionals a place where they will see the difference they make in people’s lives. We’re looking for professionals willing to bring a new way of thinking and a new drive to their careers, as a part of the Care Teams supporting our new state-of-the art Care Centers. When we say Spira Care is a different kind of care, we mean it. Our patients are Members, not just patients. They specifically choose Spira Care for all their primary care needs. That means you’ll be helping people who chose you and your Spira Care Teammates to provide them with the care they need for both themselves and their families.
At Spira Care, everything is about giving people a place they can trust and count on, whether it’s a routine checkup or a need for something more acute. Spira Care is based on a simple belief: healthcare should be a place, not a plan. That belief guides the design of our Care Centers, the member-focused way we provide care, the technology we use, and— most importantly—the workplace culture we’re building. The hours at Spira Care reflect our commitment to convenience and catering to our members. Each Care Center will have evening hours two nights per week and rotating Saturday hours.
If you join our team, you will face the daily challenge of living up to a high standard for the members we serve, and you will have the opportunity to elevate your professional experience with a leadership team that is driven to inspire progress for the members we serve and our community. Our teams are made up of professionals who are open and collaborative, always looking for a new way to solve problems so that members can receive an improved care experience. We’re looking to reward professionals who will not just work at Spira Care, but who will embrace its great possibility by creating its future.
You will be responsible for:
- Provides healthcare services, including applying x-ray energy, to assist in diagnosis or treatment in sterile aseptic working conditions.
- Performs radiographic procedures and related techniques, producing images for the interpretation by or at the request of a licensed practitioner (Radiologist/Surgeon).
- Exercises professional judgment in performance of service and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics.
- Provides appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of procedure.
- Positions patient to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patient’s ability and comfort.
- Immobilizes patient as required for appropriate examination.
- Evaluates images for technical quality, manipulates display parameters, provides hard copy records and assures proper identification is recorded as specified by imaging procedure.
- Effectively implements assigned projects and responsibilities.
What will you need?
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- Kansas Licensed Radiologic Technologist (LRT)
- Registered Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Flexible Schedule
- Unwaivering commitment to patient care and positive patient experience