Practice Office Manager Spira Care Olathe Clinic FT Days
Req #: 17010071
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Full Time, Days
Clinics will operate from 8:00AM - 7:30PM M-F and Saturday 8:00AM - 12:00PM (two days extended hours per clinic)
Spira Care Meets Shawnee Mission Health
Spira Care, a partnership between Shawnee Mission Health and a local health and wellness organization, has been designed to put patients first and to give care professionals a place where they will see the difference they make in people’s lives. We’re looking for professionals willing to bring a new way of thinking and a new drive to their careers, as a part of the Care Teams supporting our new state-of-the art Care Centers. When we say Spira Care is a different kind of care, we mean it. Our patients are Members, not just patients. They specifically choose Spira Care for all their primary care needs. That means you’ll be helping people who chose you and your Spira Care Teammates to provide them with the care they need for both themselves and their families.
At Spira Care, everything is about giving people a place they can trust and count on, whether it’s a routine checkup or a need for something more acute. Spira Care is based on a simple belief: healthcare should be a place, not a plan. That belief guides the design of our Care Centers, the member-focused way we provide care, the technology we use, and— most importantly—the workplace culture we’re building. The hours at Spira Care reflect our commitment to convenience and catering to our members. Each Care Center will have evening hours two nights per week and rotating Saturday hours.
If you join our team, you will face the daily challenge of living up to a high standard for the members we serve, and you will have the opportunity to elevate your professional experience with a leadership team that is driven to inspire progress for the members we serve and our community. Our teams are made up of professionals who are open and collaborative, always looking for a new way to solve problems so that members can receive an improved care experience. We’re looking to reward professionals who will not just work at Spira Care, but who will embrace its great possibility by creating its future.
You will be responsible for:
- Manages both clinical and business personnel in accordance to policies/procedures set forth by SMMC.
- Manages multiple priorities on an ongoing basis.
- Possesses familiarity with Electronic Health Record and Electronic Practice Management System. This should include the ability to navigate in each of the systems and be a resource for staff.
- Oversees ordering clinic medical and business supplies.
- Manages day to day finances of clinic operations; including approval of invoices in pertinent software.
- Runs/manages reports for physician communication in monthly meetings.
- Adheres to Patient Center Medical Home (PCMH) standards, as directed by Administration/physician enterprise.
- Maintains clinic schedule (both provider clinic schedules and staff schedules) – assuring clinic is staffed at the appropriate level(s).
- Understands necessary testing, coding and documentation requirements for specialty.
- Completes necessary paperwork (forms) for staffing clinic as well as security of clinic personnel – this requires an understanding of software to maintain these elements.
- Understands patient accounting related to patient bills including insurance requirements, co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance requirements.
- Conducts regular staff meetings.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Flexible Schedule
- Unwaivering commitment to patient care and positive patient experience