CL Informatics Phys Liaison
Florida Hospital North Pinellas
Florida Hospital North Pinellas is a full-service, 168-bed facility dedicated to helping our neighbors in beautiful Tarpon Springs and beyond. As a regional medical center, we offer a wide range of comprehensive services, testing and education opportunities for our community. We’ve been focused on meeting the needs of North Pinellas residents for nearly 90 years, and Florida Hospital has built its reputation for compassionate, patient-centered care for more than a century.
Important Note: Florida Hospital North Pinellas is a Smoke/Tobacco Free Campus.
Tobacco use is defined as the use of any tobacco product including the use of temporary aids to stop smoking such as nicotine patches, nicotine gum or other similar products.
Applicants being considered for employment at Florida Hospital North Pinellas will be tested for nicotine use as part of their regular pre-employment screening. Those who are identified as tobacco users will be ineligible for employment, but may reapply in six months
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Workplace
You will be responsible for:
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the computer systems, serving as resource for physicians, midlevel Providers and their office staff.
- Learns, understands and can troubleshoot the use of supported applications on all types of devices: smart phones, tablets, lap tops, thus helping providers effectively and efficiently use the EMR technology in patient care.
- Works in conjunction with other Clinical Informatics staff assisting in the understanding the integration of physician workflow with nursing and other clinical disciplines and departments.
- Plans, develops and implements educational programs for physicians and their office staff based upon identified needs and stated objectives.
- Participates in corporate roll outs of system changes.
- Utilizes principles of adult learning and appropriate educational methodologies in training program design.
- Develops and uses training outlines and modules.
- Assists in developing and maintaining a repository for training materials that can be retrieved and used by others.
- Conducts regular training for new providers.
- Assists in trouble-shooting and working with the IT Department.
- Takes calls from providers and responds to physician’s computer problems immediately or as soon as possible, taking appropriate measure to resolve access and use issues.
- Promotes positive, effective relationships between our medical staff and Florida Hospital North Pinellas by handling physician complaints and resolving use issues.
- Learns and effectively uses the helpdesk/ticketing system
- Learns and effectively uses the security process for adding, changing and terminating system access. Assure appropriate records are kept and audits conducted to meet security and regulatory requirements.
- Assists with iConnect (Cerner EHR) system downtime and recovery procedures.
- Collects, analyses and presents information regarding informatics system use, performance, and quality and safety metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need?
- Excellent computer, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency required.
- Previous Cerner experience (Preferred)
- Experience working effectively with physicians and their clinical staff. (Preferred)
- Experience supporting or training computer applications. (Preferred)
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook (Preferred)
- BSN or other Bachelor’s Degree.
- OR equivalent experience in an informatics position.
- BSN or other Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred).
- A degree, sub specialty or certification in informatics (Preferred)
- Licensed Registered Nurse OR comparable experience in another hospital based clinical discipline.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher (Preferred)