Financial Education Specialist Full Time Day
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education.
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial operates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!
- Financial Education Specialist, under the direct supervision of the Patient Access Supervisor, coordinates inpatient insurance authorization, provides financial counseling and education to patients and their families, reconciles daily cash received and prepares bank deposits
- Provides Financial Education to patients and/or patient families to ensure proper financial arrangements have been made
- Meets with all Self Pay patients to discuss payment options
- Prepares and instructs patients on Charity Applications and follows up to ensure all proper information is obtained in order to present the application for approval
- Educates Inpatients at bedside or discharge on their financial obligations
- Educates patients/families about the financial process
- Ensures patient is aware of any co-pays and deductibles due at time of service
- Makes arrangements to resolve all patients’ co-pays and deductibles
- Ensures all Insurance authorizations and benefits are obtained within 24 hours of the next business day
- Maintains knowledge of Insurance Companies that required authorization and/or notification of Inpatient and Observation patient to ensure no penalties are placed on the patients account