Assistant Nurse Manager- Med/Surg Ortho- FT Nights
Req #: 17008697
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Flagler
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
- The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
- Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
- Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
- “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
- Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
- Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the Employees - Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for all employees on the unit.
- Monitors performance of the staff and reports findings to the nurse manager or takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate.
- Actively participates in the interview process/application selection.
- Creates a work environment that addresses the physical and emotional needs of the staff.
- Performance Improvement - Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Ensures that practice changes, as a result of performance improvement activities, are implemented.
- Critical Thinking - Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an ANM.
- Business of Healthcare Delivery - Utilizes a working knowledge of health care economics as it applies to the delivery of patient care.
- Is involved in unit-department based budgeting and support of the budget.
- Fosters patient, family, staff, and physician satisfaction.
- Technology - Demonstrates an understanding of the technology utilized on the unit.
- Is highly knowledgeable in the supply and medication management systems of the unit.
- Clinical Practice Knowledge - Is an expert in the clinical practice requirements of their unit.
- Assumes the role of a staff nurse and is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities.
- Relationships and Behaviors - Utilizes relationship in influencing behaviors on the unit.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates a professional persona in their work.
What will you need?
- Associate or Diploma in Nursing from an accredited school required
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current Florida Registered Nurse license required
- Current BLS and ACLS certification