Nurse Tech- Telemetry- PRN Days
Req #: 17009198
Location: DeLand, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital DeLand
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective care routine and activities of daily living. Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
- Performs the basic general patient care routines and tasks in a safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize, prioritize and complete the various tasks duties and routines of a busy patient care workload in a timely manner.
- Notifies the Department Nurse Manager or shift Clinical Leader and the appropriate Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse of any deviation from routine or assigned tasks for assistance and review.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, facility and interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence in communicating and providing basic are to the following age specific patient populations: the geriatric patient, the adult patient and the adolescent patient in a caring, compassionate manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to provide care to the following scope of patients, but not limited to, the medical patient, the orthopedic patient, the pre and post-surgical patient, and the telemetry monitored patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge, competence and compassion in the care of patients with pain. Observes for and provides age appropriate comfort measures to all patients within the scope of practice.
- Communicates all observed (verbal and nonverbal) and reported complaints of pain to the appropriate nurse and charge nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient admissions, transfers, discharges, pre-ops and post-ops patients per hospital routines.
- Notifies charge nurse and nurse promptly upon completion of admission, transfer/discharge of patient.
- Assists the licensed nurse with the transferring of patients to other health care facilities. Copies appropriate parts of the patient’s medical record needed for transfer or discharge.
What will you need?
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent is required
- Must be currently enrolled in an approved school of nursing program
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support Card