Patient Care Tech II Med/Surg Cardiac FT Days
Full-time / Days
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.
- Documentation, Monitoring, Hygiene, Procedures, Daily inventory
- Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times
- Performs basic patient care unit routines including but not limited to the following: obtain and document vital signs (temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations), pass ice water every 4 hours, keep patient rooms stocked with gloves, replace unit sharp containers per policy, keep patient rooms in a reasonably clean and appropriate condition, keep patient bedside trays within a safe reach at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability in communicating and providing basic care to the patients in a caring, compassionate manner to accomplish quality patient care outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Respond to patients request and needs in a timely manner.
- Maintain a positive courteous, compassionate attitude with all Patient/Visitors/Staff and Physicians interactions/encounters.
- Inform Patient with plan of care task and activity that will be carried out.
- Maintain Patient satisfaction by providing and maintaining personal care/needs
- Assists in proper care and maintenance with the use of all unit and patient care equipment
- Demonstrates knowledge & competence in the use of restraints, the application of restraints and the required monitoring & care of the patient in restraints.What you will need:
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent is required.
- Current State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant/Nursing Assistant Certificate or a Patient Care Technician certificate.
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support Card.