Ultrasound Tech PRN
Req #: 17010336
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Friday & Monday 1PM-9:30AM
Saturday & Sunday 7AM-7PM
16 Hours Weekly
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community since it opened in 2012. Every detail of our 83-bed facility is purposefully designed to create an environment of healing for mind, body and spirit. Our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from outpatient services to our surgical suites and inpatient care. In 2013, we also opened a 50,000-square foot Health and Wellness Center that includes an indoor track, group exercise areas, and an aquatics center with a lap pool to help community members achieve optimal health. In August 2015, the hospital began construction on am expansion that will open in December of 2016, significantly increasing the number of inpatient beds, surgical suites, and emergency department rooms.
You will be responsible for:
- Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations.
- Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
- Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings.
- Analyses sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history, and communicates findings to the appropriate physician.
- Coordinates work schedule with Departmental Director and/or scheduling desk to assure workload coverage.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the sonographer's care.
- Assists with the daily operations of the sonographic laboratory.
- Maintains a daily log of patients seen / completes exam billing forms.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area, and maintains adequate supplies.
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory accreditation.
- Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with all interrelating hospitals, referral or commercial agencies.
- Performs all requested sonographic examinations as ordered by the attending physician.
- Prepares preliminary reports and contacts referring physicians when required, according to established procedures.
- Coordinates with other staff to assure appropriate patient care is provided.
- Addresses problems of patient care as they arise and makes decisions to appropriately resolve the problems.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety and well-being of all patients in the sonographic area/department.
- Reports equipment failures to the appropriate supervisor or staff member.
What will you need:
- Ability to learn and use Radiology software packages such as Citrix, Radworks, Current PACS application.
- Ability to quickly learn and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain responsibility for all continuing and annual education.
- Must maintain all required registries and licenses to perform imaging procedures.
- High School Graduate
- Satisfactory completion of approved medical sonography program
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in 3 or more disciplines including Abdomen, OB/GYN, Small Parts and/or Breast or 2 disciplines with RVT.
- RDMS required upon hire
- BLS upon hire
- One hour of Hip & Knee Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
- 2 hours of Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then 1 hour annually
- 1 year of experience in hospital environment (Preferred)
- Abdomen, OB/GYN, Small Parts, Vascular, Invasive Procedures (Preferred)