Chaplain PRN (SP) Day
Per Diem, Days
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our
You will be responsible for:
- Perform special duties as assigned by campus CEO/Director of Pastoral Care.
- Contact patient and family members during hospitalization.
- Align key campus programs with EF region.
- Actively involved with community outreach and partnership.
- Respond to referrals from physician and nurses and to requests for spiritual care from patients and family members.
- Conduct spiritual assessment of critically ill patients when appropriate.
- Share the on-call responsibilities with other chaplains.
- Work closely with social workers and case managers in resolving psychosocial concerns of patients and families.
- Be available to hospital staff for support, crisis ministry and education.
- Participate in support groups as appropriate.
- Educate the hospital staff on the role and function of the hospital chaplains and volunteers.
- Provide appropriate literature for patients and guests in waiting areas.
- Upon request and when appropriate, provide funerals, baptisms, baby dedications and weddings.
What you will need:
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Philosophy and Theology - Knowledge of different philosophical systems and religions. This includes their basic principles, values, ethics, ways of thinking, customs, practices, and their impact on human culture. Must have a thorough knowledge of their own faith and a wider knowledge of the different religions they may encounter on the job.
- Sociology and Anthropology - Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
- BA in Theology/Religion or equivalent.
- One (1) Unit (two preferred and encouraged) Clinical Pastoral Education and approved by ACPE having completed with a positive final evaluation.
- Must be active and endorsed by a local congregation/Ordained/Ministerial License/Commissioned under the authority of a Church.
- A required minimum of one Unit (two preferred and encouraged) Clinical Pastoral Education and approved by ACPE having completed with a positive final evaluation.
- Active and endorsed by a local congregation. Ordained/Ministerial License/Commissioned under the authority of a Church.