Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Full Time Days - Home Healh
Req #: 17010212
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct staff to carry out responsibilities according to the POC and to agency policy.
- Evaluate clinical performance of all patient care collaboratively with the Home Health Manager through performance evaluations.
- Provide supervisory visits on site to field staff as indicated.
- Supervise patient care staff regularly regarding patient care, team collaboration to provide comprehensive services to the patient and family based on immediate and long-range goals identified in the patient care plan.
- Conduct weekly case conference review meetings.
- Review scheduled visit frequencies weekly with field staff and as indicated to ensure ALL disciplines are delivering care to patient as projected by POC.
- Ensure that supervisory visits are done timely as required by policy, assist with Schedule planning to ensure supervisory visits are carried out as per policy.
- Review documentation of personnel to assure that it is appropriate, complete and accurate.
Directly supervises subordinates who supervise field employees in the following departments: Home Health. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units and their employees.
Directly supervises all non-exempt (hourly) employees in the following departments: Home Health.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. In conducting these activities the Administrator will exercise independent judgement and discretion in the interest of Central Texas Medical Center. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Effectively conducts counseling, disciplinary and termination sessions as needed, utilizing organizational and management skills. Analyzes performance and prepares evaluations, effectively conducts annual performance reviews for subordinates in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.Qualifications
What you will need:
- Be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training.
- Current Texas State Driver's License and proof of liability insurance on file.
- Current certificate in C.P.R.
- Current license as an RN in the state of Texas.
- A Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing preferred