Registered Nurse Emergency Department Full Time Day Shift $10,000 sign on bonus plus relocation
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and FloridaA
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial operates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!
- Demonstrating effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Performing and documenting accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observing and monitoring patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizing clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Performing and documenting ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
- Initiating use of restraints per hospital policy and procedures. Demonstrating commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintaining competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific).
- Consistently developing an appropriate plan of care for patient from admission to discharge.
- Developing, prioritizing, and documenting a plan of care that is individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant other in goal setting per unit standards.
- Demonstrating knowledge and ability in the preparation of patients for tests, procedures and surgeries ordered.
- Establishing appropriate implementation of nursing actions to ensure competent nursing care is delivered.
- Providing individualized goal directed nursing care to patients in the nursing unit, utilizing the nursing process and standards of nursing care.
- 1-5yrs of current or recent Emergency Department RN experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree
- Active Florida RN license required
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Must maintain current Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Must maintain current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification