Phlebotomist Laboratory Assistant PRN 3AM-8AM
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
- Ensure specimens are correctly labeled and orders are received.
- Operates the automated specimen processor.
- Documents temperatures of equipment, and performs preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Performs Microbiology duties assigned, including Micro specimen processing, slide preparation and staining, culture setups, and handling positive blood cultures.
- Preparation of specimens for reference laboratory (ies) ensuring appropriate specimen requirements and documentation are appropriate.
- Ability to properly prioritize routine specimen receipt in the laboratory on a “first in – first out” basis. Stat and Alert specimens are prioritized before routine orders.
- Ability to keep prompt patient specimens flow in the laboratory from the ED, monitoring laboratory pending in FirstNet and escalating delays for resolution.
What you will need:
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability and willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Basic laboratory terminology (preferred)
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Certified Laboratory Assistant (preferred)