Boiler Room Operator FT Days
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.
- Keeps all energy center equipment and operations equipment clean and in operating condition.
- Operates and maintains all hospital equipment and tools for maximum efficiency, performance and longevity.
- Checks boiler safety shut down equipment.
- Keeps accurate records on all equipment functions.
- Contributes weekly to PM work. PM schedules consistently met.
- Work order documentation maintained accurately, concise and within 48 hours of work performed.
- Performs routine maintenance of boiler room and incinerator equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Understands functions and knows how to use all controls and safety devices in the operation of the energy center equipment
- Assists evening and shift personnel as required to maintain hospital operations.
- May be required to serve as backup for shift calls on floors, including tube system, etc.
- Is available on sight during shift duty for emergency response.
- Operates high pressure boilers including: start, stop, change fuel sources, log meter readings, disassembles, cleans and repairs boilers.
- Tests water samples from boiler, chillers, closed loop systems, water softeners, condensate and cooling towers. Interprets test results and treats with chemical or adjusts chemical feed rates correctly and performs blowdown on systems as scheduled.
- Checks fuel oil tank levels and fires boilers on fuel oil.
- Uses energy management computer system to control and to monitor operation of equipment.
- Inspects the equipment and the operation of the boiler room hourly and other mechanical rooms daily to verify that safety regulations and efficient operations are maintained and record all pertinent data in their respective logbooks.
- Maintains water levels in boilers as well as domestic hot and cold water tanks.
- Observes meters, records, pressure and draft gauges and manipulates valves to bring readings within specified requirements.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Driver’s License
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School Preferred
- 5+ Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- Operating Engineering Boiler Certification Preferred