Multi Skilled Worker (CNA) Full Time Nights
Req #: 17008422
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.Qualifications
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone in a courteous manner, using name, title and location, within four rings, relaying information to appropriate nurse on a consistent basis.
- Answers patient calls via intercom within one minute and refers message to appropriate nurse to promote prompt service to the patients on a consistent basis.
- Notifies Charge Nurse/RN of pending admissions; notifies nurse of patient's arrival on unit or return to room from surgery/procedure with no more than three (3) documented variances, as observed by Charge Nurse/RN.
- Prepares charts for new admissions. Prepares charts for medical records following patient dismissal.
- Labels charts and door with appropriate identification, allergy information and other pertinent information.
- Keeps patient activity board updated on a consistent basis as observed by Charge Nurse/RN.
- Accurately posts all admissions, transfers and discharges on activity boards and desk calendars each shift on a consistent basis, as observed by Charge Nurse/RN.
- Assists physicians in locating charts, reports and equipment; notifies Charge Nurse/RN of physicians' arrival on unit on a consistent basis.
- Greets family, visitors and other hospital personnel courteously, providing information and/or directions to appropriate place or person.
- Ensures that all patient charts are supplied with additional needed stamped forms to be used during next shift to always have appropriate forms available for documentation by nurses and physicians.
- Checks, orders and distributes supplies and forms, according to unit policy, to maintain necessary supply without stock piling, as observed by Charge Nurse/RN, with less than three (3) variances per year.
- Completes and prepares any forms necessary to contribute to a well-functioning nursing unit (includes diet sheets, vital sign worksheet, census sheets and assignment book) as observed by Charge Nurse /RN, with no more than three (3) complaints per year.
- Follows policy and procedure for placing drug stop order notices on appropriate patient charts by the end of the shift as observed by Charge Nurse /RN.
- Checks, stamps and places in respective racks the C.S. and Pharmacy charge cards according to routine procedure each shift with no more than three (3) documented or verbalized variances per year.
- Performs all assigned tasks related to code/emergency situations according to hospital and department policy in calm fashion.
- Accurately processes all STAT orders immediately notifying Charge Nurse/RN.
- Completes arrangements for special tests or transfers including appointments and copies of forms, as needed. Guarantees payment, memorandum of transfer and transport arrangements, keeping Charge Nurse/RN informed with no more than three (3) variances per year.
- Does not accept phone or verbal orders from the physician.
- Assists the Charge Nurse, RN or LVN with patient care activities involving activities of daily living.
- Assists the Charge Nurse, RN or LVN with patient care activities by performing delegated tasks/skills.
- Assists in maintaining suicide precautions through appropriate observation, documentation, and reporting to Charge Nurse/RN.
- Participates in teamwork to contribute to the efficient operation of the unit.
- Adapts and responds positively when unexpected changes occur in staffing or workload.
- Remains in assigned work area and/or keeps Charge Nurse/RN informed of whereabouts throughout the assigned shift at all times.
- Assists with unit errands when requested. Volunteers for errands and additional duties when available to do so.
- Maintains neat and organized appearance of nursing station with all supplies in appropriate place and nursing desk orderly as observed by Charge Nurse/RN.
- Demonstrates self-motivation by using unassigned time to perform duties that contribute to the smooth functioning of the unit.
- Demonstrates the skill necessary to provide safe and adequate telemetry monitoring.
- Runs strips Q 4 hours for nurse interpretation with no more than (3) three variances per year.
- Reports any rhythm changes to Charge Nurse/RN 100% of the time.
- Responds to all alarm signals 100% of the time.
- Mounts all rhythm strips on appropriate form and files in patient record with no more than four (4) exceptions per year.
- Identifies all life threatening cardiac arrhythmias 100% of the time.
- Gives report to oncoming MSW with no more than two (2) documented concerns per year.
- Obtains coverage for telemetry during lunch breaks.
- Associate remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrated quality and effectiveness in work habits and treat staff, physicians, patients and families with consideration and respect.
- Understands the Computerized Physician Order entry process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record for retrieval of patient information.
- Understands computer downtime procedures.
- Monitors Electronic Medical Record for new physician orders and diagnostic results.
- Performs all duties relating to Real Time Scanning accurately and efficiently.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Successful completion of Monitor/Telemetry Course (Monitor Tech class)
- Six to twelve months previous CNA, unit secretary, monitor technician, or equivalent medical experience preferred
- Nurse Tech Course or medical experience in lieu of education
- Accurate typing skills
- CNA License Preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively