Medical Assistant Pool Phys Admin FT Days
Req #: 17010316
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Physician Group
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Physician Group
Florida Hospital Physician Group (FHPG) is the Tampa Bay area’s premier, multi-specialty physician group, dedicated to improving the health and wellness of local communities throughout West Central Florida. With more than 100 physicians and providers representing over 25 medical specialties in 40+ locations, we have a broad range of medical and surgical specialties to meet patients’ needs.
Our neighborhood physician practices are conveniently located throughout Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties. Our physicians provide care at their 40+ practices as well as five Florida Hospitals located in Carrollwood, North Pinellas, Tampa, Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills.
Backed by Florida Hospital, one of the country’s largest not-for-profit health care providers with 22 hospitals in the state of Florida and more than a century of experience in health care, Florida Hospital Physician Group is expanding and transforming all aspects of health care with innovative advancements and leading edge technology. Our heritage of a unique, whole-person health approach to care – achieving wellness of the mind, body and spirit for our patients – is shared by our Florida Hospital Physician Group partners.
What You Are Responsible For:
- Float pool employees schedules can change on a daily basis based on FHPG’s practice needs
- Encourages and demonstrates teamwork by pulling charts, following up on radiology and lab results, answering phones, communicating with patients.
- Demonstrates care for one another by working all areas, open to change, sensitive to department needs, effectively participates in conflict resolution/problem solving.
- Collaborates with office staff on marketing efforts
- Communicates effectively with staff to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Performs front office responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates good communication skills respectfully and courteously when interacting with patients, co-workers, physicians, and colleagues within department.
- Pulls and preps next-day patient charts. Ensures all labs, scan results, etc. are available day of visit. Passes key information to doctors/clinicians and front office in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with doctor, personnel, lab and radiology companies to schedule procedures and ensure efficient processes.
- Maintains efficient patient flow, exam room prep and addresses all doctors’ requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of office medical equipment and assists doctor.
- Maintains timely communication with patients re: surgery, scripts, testing.
- Prevents casual overtime at all times and completes work in a timely manner.
- Assists in controlling supplies and maintains inventory weekly.
- Enters charges for daily reconciliation
- Maintains efficiency in patient work-up flow and triage responsibilities.
- Maintains accurate legible documentation of patient medications and messages, sample meds, and pharmacy documentation.
- Identifies problems that may affect patient safety and efficiency in department.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance of Hospital guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps current with new technology and updates on care and medications.
- Contributes to the growth of the practice by managing patient flow and recommending follow-up visits if needed.
- Assists office staff with marketing mailings, phone calls.
What You Will Need:
- Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Competent in basic patient work-up for examination.
- Good medical knowledge to assist doctor during patient exams.
- Ability to keep process and patient flow on time; competent with basic patient work up.
- Current basic computer skills, data input.
- Good business office organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with others in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Reliable transportation is required due to the position needs of floating to various practice locations
- Previous experience in a medical environment (preferred)
- High School diploma/equivalent.
- One or more years’ experience in physician office or clinical setting (Preferred)
- Completion of accredited course in Medical Assisting (Preferred)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certification, American Medical Technologist (AMT) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or National Association for Healthcare Professionals (NAHP)
- Certification is required to be obtained within the first 90 days of employment or when transferring into this position.
- Current, valid CPR certification is required (BLS).
- Valid Driver’s License
- A $0.50 per hour differential will be paid to Float positions for required travel. Mileage will not be reimbursable. (Preferred).