Patient Care Tech II Float-FT
Req #: 17010433
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Full Time Nights
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Participates in an environment which ensures quality work, group morale and is conducive to keeping effective lines of communication.
- Capable of handling various aspects of the job simultaneously while maintaining a calm outward appearance
- Possesses and demonstrates knowledge of emergency codes, location of emergency equipment and method of activation
- Ensures excellent customer service to our patients, physicians and other personnel
- SHARE behavior demonstrated through positive inter/intra-departmental relationships.
- Capable of handling concerns of patients, physicians or other persons with a positive approach and outcome
- Cleans and disinfects transportation equipment, sideboards and other items used in patient care/transportation
- Effective use of telephone system and spectralink phones including message retrieval.
- Ensuring safe, complete and accurate transportation to/from DI as requested, identifies the patient’s ability to travel by means assigned and adjusts accordingly to improve patient safety
- Transports patients via wheelchair, bed or stretcher while maintaining patient comfort, dignity and privacy
- Effectively communicates to department delays in patient transportation and identifies multi-modality orders for minimal transports
- Capable of safely and appropriately transporting patients with ancillary equipment such as IV pole, O2, tele monitors, etc. and knows when to ask for assistance
- Flexible with schedule and assignments to support the needs of the department/modality
- Reports damage or malfunction of equipment to the supervisor and places notification on the device to indicate it is out of service
- Patient pre and post procedure monitoring, preparation and care associated with interventional procedures
- Follows protocols for infection control with isolation patients and understands the various types if isolation precautions
- Properly uses personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Wears radiation monitoring device(s)
- And all other duties and duty assignments requested within the scope of practice
What will you need?
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Current State of Florida CNA
- BLS certification required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills