Registered Nurse Clinical Operations Supervisor FT Evenings
Req #: 17010241
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Full Time, Evenings
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- The Emergency Services Clinical Operations Supervisor is a nurse leader and role model who is primarily responsible for assessing, determining, and coordinating the placement of all patients who present to the Emergency Department following clinical standards and guidelines.
- The Operations Supervisor ensures the appropriate placement of incoming patients within the clinical area based upon the assigned level of care, symptoms, or any other emergent/non-emergent determining factor.
- The Operations Supervisor is also responsible for coordinating and ensuring the smooth transfer of all patients to other facilities in accordance with EMTALA guidelines.
- The Operations Supervisor exhibits creativity, expertise, and professionalism while creating a supportive environment for all patients, families, and coworkers.
What will you need?
- School of Nursing graduate with AS, AD, or Diploma.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 4 years of accepting the role.
- 3-5yrs of Emergency Department RN experience
- at least a year of leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in direct Emergency care
- Current Florida RN license
- Certified in Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum certification (TNCC) preferred
- CEN – Certification in Emergency Nursing preferred
- NRP – Neonatal Resuscitation Program preferred