Manager CDI (RN)
Req #: 17010415
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Case Management
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists the department director in organizing, managing and overseeing the operation of clinical documentation specialists. Maintains accountability for the coordination of clinical documentation activities. Directs and supervises the clinical documentation staff in the delivery of clinical documentation specialist services.
- Provides direction and supervision of department
- Monitors CDI activity
- Assists director in evaluation of the CDI processes
- Facilitates modification to clinical documentation supporting the clinical level of severity rendered
- Supports timely, accurate and complete documentation of clinical information used for measuring and reporting physician and hospital outcomes
- Educates staff and other clinicians using a variety of teaching methods
- Provide orientation to newly credentialed physicians
- Collaborate with the HIM coding staff to assist their understanding of documentation leading to appropriately assigning the DRG representing the patient severity of illness/resource consumption.
- Supervises and gives direction to the Clinical Documentation Specialists
- Functions on behalf of director in his/her absence
What you will need:
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Two years of acute care hospital experience
- BSN preferred
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist preferred