Registered Nurse Forensics SANE PRN
PRN/ Per Diem
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
What will you need?
To provide forensic examinations and evidence collection to victims of sexual assault in Volusia County. SANE nurse will remain competent and certified as defined by the Florida Council Against Sexual Violence.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides forensic examinations as per procedures outlined in sexual assault forensic medical examination program approved by the Florida Council Against Sexual Violence
· Assesses victim/patient needs and provide treatment per protocols or refer victim/patient to appropriate resource
· Works independently and follow protocols set forth by Medical Director
· Work closely with victim advocates and law enforcement
· Able to respond to victim location within Volusia County
· Provides detailed documentation and record keeping as required
· Communicates appropriately with parties involved
· Participates in prosecution phase of the case in a cooperative manner
· Maintains an ethical responsibility to remain unbiased within the course of evidence collection while delivering caring and compassionate care
· Takes call to help cover 24/7 coverage including weekends and holidaysQualifications
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- · 2yrs of current or recent Emergency Department RN experience
- · Drivers’ License required.
- · Active Florida RN license required.
- · Completion of 40 hour program administered by Florida Council Against Sexual Violence. Or willing to earn SANE certification
- · Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.