Dietary Aide II Part time Day Shift
Req #: 17010423
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
To assist in the service of meals to patients, cafeteria guests and special functions by: assembling items for tray line, delivering retrieving and washing trays and dishes, and cleaning kitchen.
- Wash all dishes, trays and utensils and maintain sanitation of dish room.
- Sweep, mop and remove trash 2 times a day.
- Prepare and organize beverages for tray service.
- Assist with tray service and deliver trays to floors.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of related item and reorder when necessary.
- Assists other team members with tasks when necessary and able.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Three to six months related experience and/or training in commercial ware washing.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred