Social Worker MSW FT Days
Req #: 17010157
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Job Category: Case Management
Organization: FH North Pinellas
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital North Pinellas
You will be responsible for:
- Provide psychosocial support and crisis intervention to patients and families, coordinate assessment of post-discharge needs, link patients/families to entitlements, community resources, and other needed services and coordinate patient placement for patients transitioning to post-acute settings.
- Act as a facilitator and coordinator to the interdisciplinary healthcare team for patients and families.
- Complete all initial admission assessments within 48 hours of inpatient admission and match the patient’s ongoing needs with the appropriate level and type of medical, health, psychosocial, or social service as they relate across the continuum of care.
- Work with the Case Manager to provide seamless overall case management services to all customers, including patients, families, physicians, nursing, quality improvement team, etc.
- Function in a team approach to coordinate appropriate and safe discharge planning from the newborn to the geriatric patient.
What will you need?
- Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Experience with PC applications required. (Such as word processing, spreadsheet and graphics)
- Knowledge/experience/ability to have difficult conversations, stay calm and respectful in conflicted situations
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and high degree of self-motivation highly desirable.
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Three (3) years prior work experience in an acute care hospital as a Social Worker. (Preferred)
- Licensure preferred. CCM or other Case Management certification (Preferred)