Production Manager Food and Nutrition Services FT Days
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills:
- within department
- with hospital administration.
- Foster staff development and growth in a caring and respectful manner through:
- Model behavior conducive to the development of a positive, supportive and productive team.
- Implement associate satisfaction initiatives considering recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of staff.
- Performs coaching/evaluations with nutrition services associates on a timely basis to foster staff development and growth.
- Assists in the development and maintains job routines and position descriptions for the department.
- Address issues/concerns related to employee management, and collaborate with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve departmental goals related to the value: people
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Medical Center.
- Work within the parameters of defined role, licensing agency and regulatory standards.
- Oversees the establishment and implementation of standards of service.
- Ensures conformance with JCAHO, state and local regulations as well as compliance with all department, medical center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to:
- Ensure adherence to Corporate Integrity Plan for self and staff.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve annual departmental goals related to the value: mission.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Establish staff performance expectations regarding policies, procedures, protocols and standards of care.
- Assist in development of strategic plan(s) on an annual basis.
- Coordinates all activities related to culinary, production, sanitation and utility associates.
- Coordinates menu development to provide nutritionally balanced menus that meet the needs of our clientele.
- Participate on committees/councils/task forces as assigned.
- Collaborate with physicians, administration, and multidisciplinary health care team to promote the provision of quality patient care/services.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve annual departmental goals related to the value: service.
- Continuously assess and improve department’s performance, e.g., assess customer satisfaction and outcome data, and take corrective action as appropriate through the PI process.
- Ensures staff competency through training, coaching and development.
- Evaluates staffing needs to provide appropriate care/services within department.
- Serve as a resource to the hospital, system and community in area of culinary and foodservice management.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve annual departmental goals related to the value: excellence.
- Maximize productivity through development and maintenance of staffing plans appropriate to level of service provided, utilizing benchmarking and best practice standards.
- Participate in annual budget development and adhere to budget guidelines throughout the year. Facilitate the acquisition of equipment and supplies necessary to the delivery of care/services.
- Look for ways to create and implement new revenue streams.
- Anticipate and recognize areas of concern that may have a financial impact, and make appropriate recommendations to contain costs.
- Organize and prioritize work assignment and demonstrate flexibility to accommodate the following: changing work environment, high acuity, high census and/or sudden emergencies to meet unit/organization needs.
- Develops and oversees daily staffing management plans.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve annual departmental goals related to the value: stewardship.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to train and utilize culinary techniques
- Ability to create, test, scale, follow, read and write recipes
- Mathematic capabilities commensurate with job responsibilities
- A desire to create and be a part of ‘world class’ food service
- Recipe development skills
- Food and supply purchasing experience in access of $1,000,000 annually
- Associate’s Degree
- 5+ Years of Position-Related Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of operational management and supervisory experience in commercial or institutional food service
- Minimum of 5 years of culinary management, Executive Chef or Sous Chef experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Hospitality or related field
- Healthcare experience
- Five years culinary management experience with a staff of 10 or more
- American Culinary Federation Certification, Certified Sous Chef (CSC) or Certified Executive Chef (CEC) or Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) obtained through the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals (ANFP)
- ServSafe Certification