Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department Evening Weekend Gordon Hospital
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN II) is an RN with more than 1 year of
experience. This RN is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient and/or and assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The Registered Nurse is also responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing and ancillary personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment, while practicing within the state, facility and regulatory guidelines.
The nurse is responsible for execution of the Nursing Process:
- Assessment – The nurse collects patient health data.
- Diagnosis – The nurse analyzes the assessment data in determining diagnoses.
- Outcome Identification – The nurse identifies expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Planning – The nurse develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implementation – The nurse implements the interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluations – The nurse evaluates the patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Current Georgia RN license
- ACLS and PALS within the first year of employment
- At least 1 year experience in acute care setting
- BSN strongly preferred
- TNCC preferred
- CEN preferred