Registered Nurse (RN) Hospice On Call PRN
Req #: 17010701
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Hospice
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Group
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
You will be responsible for:
- Able to perform basic nursing functions in all aspects of care required in the Hospice setting.
- Organizes and implements individual patient care based on ongoing interpretation of physiologic, psychological, and sociological needs which affect the comfort and quality of life of the patient and family.
- Demonstrates skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles and cultural, spiritual needs.
- Triages patient needs and schedule visits based on acuity, seeking assistance from the IDT as appropriate.
- Demonstrates compliance with agency policies and procedures, and rules and regulations of local, state, federal and accreditation bodies during delivery of hospice care services.
- Communicates with IDT members and facility staff members as needed for patient care.
- Maintains accurate, complete documentation of care in the clinical record on admission and at all times thereafter, in accordance with established agency standards and within established timeframes.
- Upholds and implements the principles of SHARE and the CTMC Employee Code of Conduct.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
What will you need?
- A Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (preferred)
- One year of experience in hospice or home health (preferred)
- Current Texas State Driver's License (required)
- Proof of current liability insurance on file.
- Current certificate in C.P.R.(required)
- Current license as an RN in the state of Texas (required).