Quality Physician Liaison - RN
Req #: 17010451
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the integrity of quality, safety and service data related to CMS/TJC/AHS and other federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Reviews patient census for patients that meet requirements for inclusion in core measures review.
- Conducts concurrent core measure review to ensure documentation is present for completion of all initiatives.
- Notifies and assists physician/nursing staff of incomplete quality, safety and/or service data.
- Monitors data/processes and assists in developing improvement plans to help ensure compliance with initiatives.
- Collects and provides physician/allied health professional data for focused and ongoing professional practice evaluations.
- Educate staff (nursing, ancillary services) regarding quality measures.
- Assists in physician education related to quality, safety, service data/outcomes.
- Assists in data entry for statistics and reports necessary to monitor trending.
- Other functions as requested.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s prepared in nursing or a health-related field with solid patient safety, quality management or risk management experience.
- Currently licensed to practice as an RN in the state of Texas.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Nursing.
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with computer programs including Microsoft Office, Excel, Access.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage, coordinate and organize.