Assistant Nurse Manager (RN) Full Time Nights
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
You will be responsible for:
- Patient Experience:
- Nurse Leader rounding on all patients daily is the priority for this position.
- Rounds by nurse assignment and provides immediate feedback to nurse after rounding, holding staff accountable for purposeful hourly rounding on their patients.
- Ensures coverage on NLR during their absence. Can assign NLR to another lead RN during off days.
- Assists department Nurse Manager with nurse leader rounding on other units as needed
- Provides service recovery measures with patients and their families as needed
- Unit performance is measured through HCAHPS scores.
- Utilizes management skills and positive leadership to promote continuity, supervise, evaluate and review patient care activities on the unit to ensure delivery of quality care and patient satisfaction.
- Unit Productivity Performance and Staffing:
- Collaborates with department Nurse Manager for staff scheduling and payroll. Assists house supervisor with scheduling staff to provide coverage for the unit assigned.
- Clinical and Quality Performance:
- Ensures that staff complete all required patient documentation
- Completes all unit audits to include but not limited to infection control, chart documentation, and other quality audits as assigned by department Nurse Manager.
- Actively participates in Shared Governance and encourages others to participate.
- Staff Education:
- Contributes to the professional development of self, peers, colleagues and others.
- Facilitates positive orientation experiences of new employees through role modeling and the demonstration of our team oriented environment.
- Acts as a super-user for all computer applications affecting unit
- Assists staff in competency validation for unit based skills and ensures staff attend all mandatory inservices and competency evaluations.
- Ensures staff have the tools and equipment needed to do their job.
- Ensures tools and equipment are working properly. Reports malfunctions to appropriate departments.
- Notifies Administrative Director of unit needs for next budget planning sessions.
- Explores and implements strategies to reduce supply/equipment costs on the unit(s).
- Patient Flow:
- Ensures and promotes efficiency through ED throughput initiatives and promotes staff to utilize the one call process consistently.
- Reviews our ED throughput processes consistently with focus on improvements to patient flow.
- Ensures the safe transition of patients to and from his/her unit(s) by emphasizing with staff the importance of communication and verification of care.
- When holding pts in the ED, works closely with Director, physicians, charge nurses, and house supervisor on discharges and status changes to provide adequate bed availability to the ED. Ensures these processes are continuously followed even if patients are not in hold status to prevent bottlenecks to patient flow. Rounds on patients holding in the ED to promote patient satisfaction.
- BSN required MSN preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent experience in an acute care facility successfully demonstrating skills in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care required.
- Experience in unit area specialty in the past two (2) years and one (1) year Management and/or Charge experience required.
- Clinical Pathway/ Clinical Ladder experience preferred.