Registered Nurse RN Wound Care Center FT Days
Req #: 17010360
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Provides direct patient care and coordinates the efforts of the multidisciplinary treatment team for the patients under care.
- Administers, supervises and coordinates the nursing process in the provision of care; and strives to maintain and improve patient outcomes.
- Works within the parameters of the Kansas Nurse Practice Act, regulatory standards, established policies, protocols and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice.
- Understands and provides appropriate care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients with difficult or chronic wounds including timely completion and accurate documentation of detailed wound assessments, consistent wound photography and total patient care to determine and care for the causes of non-healing.
- Demonstrates proper technique for specialty dressings and procedures.
- Maintains strict infection control standards within own practice and guidance for the practices of non-RN associates.
What will you need?
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred