Home Health Speech Pathologist PRN Gordon Hospital
Req #: 17010623
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Optimally provides and manages the delivery of patient care, documenting appropriately and accurately on the OASIS/Assessment and visit tools so that the Adverse Outcomes Report does not reflect quality of care issues and proper reimbursement is obtained while complying with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
- Communicates patient’s rehabilitation status with other health care professionals to facilitate interdisciplinary continuity of care and appropriate discharge planning.
- Identifies continuing educational opportunities for resolution of knowledge deficits and/or for professional growth and demonstrates the ability to evaluate suggestions and criticisms objectively and whenever necessary undertakes to change his/her behavior or seek further guidance.
- Establishes professional goals in collaboration with supervisor annually and demonstrates compliance with an action plan to remediate deficiencies in performance identified by supervisor.
- Recognizes the influence of personal and cultural values on perceptions regarding health care and their impact on the delivery and quality of care. Demonstrates caring behavior and interpersonal connectedness while maintaining personal and professional boundaries.
- Demonstrates flexibility, responsibility and accountability to promote the wellbeing not only of the home health patient, but also of the patient’s family and the home health team, and delegates and supervises care responsibilities within the disciplines’ scope of practice.
- Ensures that patients, families, community, and organizational resources are utilized in an equitable and beneficial manner to meet patient and family needs, and negotiates the healthcare and community systems to access resources in order to provide continuity of care to patients and families across settings and is a good steward of all resources.
What you will need?
- A Master’s Degree in Speech Language/Pathology and Audiology.
- Have at least (1) year of institutional experience involving direct therapy care.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech pathology and audiology granted by the American Speech and Hearing Association.
- Currently licensed in the State of Georgia.
- A Master’s Degree in Speech Language/Pathology and Audiology and GA license