Paramedic Per Diem Gordon Hospital
Req #: 17010635
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Emergency Services
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to requests for emergency and non-emergency calls for service as dispatched by E-911 to provide efficient and acceptable care to ill and injured patients
- Performs assessment based on scope of training and medical protocols to determine and apply methods of treatment and transport.
- Drives ambulance in a safe and defensive manner at all times obeying traffic rules and regulations with regards to safety of occupants and all others
- Completes patient care reports, billing reports and all other required documentation per established practices, guidelines and regulations.
- Follows all established policies, procedures, guidelines, objectives, medical protocols, safety protocols, environmental and infection control standards, both written and verbal to assure a safe and effective work environment.
- Assists personnel with a higher level of training to provide effective care.
- Provides exceptional customer service skills to patients, families, bystanders, other response agency personnel and all others at all times.
- Provides support for community service and relationship functions as requested by leadership.
What you will need?
- Must have graduated from an accredited EMT school
- Must be certified as a Paramedic in the State of Georgia
- Must have current BCLS
- Must have current ACLS
- Must have current Georgia Driver’s License
- National Registry certification is preferred
- Additional related certification or licenses in pre-hospital care preferred